What is your favorite Spring beer?

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Wedding Beers A Go-Go


Wedding Beers a go-go
Current mood: lethargic


Well, I've finished all the beers that I made for the wedding [even the apricot is carbonated now] and here's the list-

Garden Wedding Cream Ale
HopESB
Apricot Wheat
Black and Blue Wheat
Child-Sized Cherry Wheat
Juniper Red Ale
Brown Ale
Bell's Two-Hearted Clone
Make Mine A Double IPA
Sweet Wheat

It was not easy saving some for this long [the Brown, HopESB, and Black and Blue Wheat are at least three months old] but now there's 10 homebrew selections available. There are some gripes, of course; the Juniper and Apricot have some diacytel issues, but some surprises, too. The Sweet Wheat was awful when I tasted it; over the top cloying sweetness, but it really mellowed out in the bottle and now it's quite unadventurous but enjoyable as a lawnmoweer beer. All in all, it's been great fun and when I get back, I'm going to get an all-grain system and perfect the HopESB, as I think that's the soon-to-be flagship beer in my stable.

Just made my first porter a few days ago and it's now bubbling away in the airlock. I was very careful to keep this one in the fridge set on low, so it's maintained a 62 degree ferment the whole time. I liked the looks of this recipe because it called for a whole bunch of things that I needed to use up anyways, and the secondary fermentation takes 20 days, so I don't hav to mess with it until well after the honeymoon. Up next is that HopESB, a Cherry Stout, and a Maple Brown Ale.

No comments: